Working from home can be a challenge sometimes. In order to feel motivated and productive, it’s important to make sure your work space is inspirational and more importantly, functional! In this post, I’m giving you a peek inside my little home “office” and how I make the most out of my small space. As you can probably tell, I’m obsessed with all things gold, so my space is filled with gold details, light beach wood tones and modern black accents.
One of my favorite things about my desk is that it has a space to plug in all of my electronics right inside the desk! It has a compartment on the top that you can open up and plug your iPhone in for charging. So cool.
Shop the photo:
I spend a lot of time at my desk, so when I was designing my space, it was important for me to have an accent wall full of inspiration. I’ll detail what each photo represents below:
- The photo at the top is a drawing of me by, Linnea, which is my first ever drawing I received as a blogger and it was a replication of one of my first Instagram photos.
- My initial “A” is obvious, but even in a space that I share with my husband, I love that I have a corner that represents me!
- The “Follow that Dream” sign is from my desk when I worked as an Event Manager at Universal. When I finally got a full time position there, it was my dream job and this photo kept me inspired to keep pushing to do my best.
- In the middle is a small canvas that reads “Be In Love With Your Life”, which is a mantra that I live by!
- To the right is a photo with sweet messages from my team that they gifted to me when I left my job. It’s a reminder of where I came from and what inspires me.
- The world map cork board is a symbol of my love of travel and I have two pushpins over Florida and England, where my husband and I are from. I also have a wooden “Florida” ornament pinned to it that my best friends gave me when I moved… it says “You Are My Sunshine”.
- Finally, I have a wedding photo of my first dance with my husband on our wedding day because he is my rock and motivates me to be better every single day!
Shop the photo:
A bookshelf is an easy way to organize a lot of things in a little space. I positioned the bookshelf right next to my desk to use it as an extension of my workspace. This shelf is basically level with my desk, so I can reach over to grab a colorful pen or book that I’m looking for.
Baskets are an easy way to make a busy space look organized. I found a few gold wire baskets on Amazon and have loved how clean they make my “mess” look. I use one of my baskets to hold all of my random camera equipment.
Shop the wardrobe rack:
Every blogger needs a clothing rack! I decided to bring it out right next to my desk because it makes me feel like I’m in a little New York apartment or editorial office. It makes my space fun and I love peeking over while I’m working to think about what outfit I want to put together next.
Shop the photo:
I have a notebook for everything! I have a planner that I use from Target where I keep track of scheduling my content and daily to-do’s as well as notebooks where I jot down random ideas that I think of. My desk is small and I was running out of room to put everything, so I purchased this gold wire letter holder and I love it! It’s an easy and cute way to make extra space on your desk while also making a place for the items on your wall! Plus, it’s also gold wire, so… duh!
Shop the entire post:
I love my little space and I hope you enjoyed peeking inside where I sit as I write to you all. I’d love to hear what you love and even suggestions you have for a functional workspace.
PIN THIS POST FOR LATER!